Each summer, JACC offers an exciting and educational Summer Day Camp, offered in the JA BizTown® facility on Tryon Street in Uptown Charlotte. Campers, age 10-14 (must have completed 4th grade), spend a week creating their own businesses, inventing new products, and running their own simulated town for five days, as they sharpen skills in math, science, communications, teamwork, citizenship, business ethics and personal finance.
The JA Summer Biz Camp program provides campers with powerful programming surrounding workforce readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy, as well as a number of other unique educational opportunities. JA Summer Biz Camp is the perfect experience for your young executive!
Top Reasons to Attend JA Summer Biz Camp
- Experienced, energetic adult staff with degrees in education and marketing
- Informative guest speakers from numerous industries in the local community, all of whom are experts in their chosen fields
- Thorough job application simulation experiences, including one-on-one interviews for specific positions in 15 different businesses that they will operate during the week
- Team-building projects as each business staff works together to create a business plan, marketing plan, and a balanced budget throughout the week
- Formal skills assessment activities and opportunities to explore specific areas of career interest
- Introduction to banking, accounting, saving and investing through exciting interactive experiences
- Field trips throughout Uptown to businesses in various industries
- Fun additional activities including talent shows, crafts, and more
- Special Uptown hours designed to accommodate the working parent
- Convenient drop-off and pick-up carpool line – no parking required
2014 JA Summer Biz Camp Dates:
- June 16-20
- June 23-27
- July 7-11 (girls only)
- July 14-18 (boys only)
- July 21-25
- July 28-Aug 1
Sign Up Online:
Or Download the Registration Forms Below:
Cancellation or Change Fee Policy
* A $50.00 cancellation fee with a minimum of 14 days’ notice prior to the first day of the originally scheduled camp.
* If cancelled with less than a minimum of 14 days’ notice prior to the first day of the originally scheduled camp, no refund will be issued.
* A $40.00 change fee if a camper needs to change his or her scheduled camp week. The change must be made no later than 14 days prior to the first day of the originally scheduled camp. (subject to availability)
Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis in the event of severe illness (with doctor’s note).
Forms may be faxed to 704.563.4864. For questions please contact 704.536.9668 or JABizTown@jacarolinas.org.